Providing Safe & Easy movement of goods across floors for a cold storage facility
- A cold storage facility provider inaugurated their new facility consisting of 7 floors with provision for 4 goods lifts
- In 2019, they had approached Nandan GSE to provide a suitable solution for two Goods Lifts
- However for cost considerations they chose to install conventional Wire Rope Lifts that were available at half the price of a Nandan Hydraulic Goods Lift
- Within 3 months of installation, these lifts created problems for the operators with frequent breakdowns including breakage of wire ropes which were of a leading OEM
- During one such breakdown the cabin came crashing down squashing a consignment of grapes. Thankfully there was no loss or injury to human life
- They tried to fix these lifts through the vendor and other service providers, but no one was able to do it
- They wanted to install one more lift for which they approached none other than Nandan GSE
- After doing a site survey, we realized that their shaft space was limited
- We used our design skills to carve out the best possible usable space for easy movement of pallets up to 2.4 T capacity and 2.5m high.
- Nandan’s single cylinder cantilever hydraulic goods lift is now helping them to load an entire container within 60 minutes
- The lift travels up to a height if 22m & performs duty cycles of 12-15 times per hour and is operated for up to 15 hours per day
- This lift has all the safety features including overload protection, safety interlocks with doors for lift movement, high capacity motor and power-pack for heavy duty continuous use, pilot check valves and hand pump for emergency operations.
- Uninterrupted working of the lift resulted in no loss in time & profitability.
- Safety of the operator & laborers is ensured all the time due to reliability & safety of the lift.
- The high loading capacity of the lift ensured maximum loading capacity for a pallet which ensured less usage cycle of the lift.